The core values that underpin our approach to service users are as follows:
- Privacy : The right of the individual to be left alone or undisturbed and free from intrusion or public attention to their affairs where this poses no risk to themselves or to others.
- Dignity : Recognition of each individual as a valued person, recognising their personal needs and treating them with respect at all times.
- Independence :Opportunities to act and think without reference to others including the opportunity to learn through risk taking.
- Choice : The opportunity to select independence from a range of understandable options.
- Rights : The maintenance of all entitlements associated with citizenship.
- Fulfilment : The realisation of personal aspirations and the opportunity to expand abilities in all aspects of daily life.