1) To act as a support worker to a number of service users and to be responsible for assisting in producing assessments of strengths and needs and to ensure that these are recorded in the initial individual programme plan.
2) To support service users in the day-to-day management of their home, including teaching domestic tasks such as cooking, cleaning, shopping and laundry.
3) To assist service users with personal care as necessary to help them to be aware of the need to change their clothing and to help them select clothes that are appropriate for their age and to the activity that they are undertaking.
4) To assist service users to learn new skills in all areas of their lives, to enable them to become as independent as possible.
5) To support service users in daily occupations which are meaningful and valued.
6) To encourage and support service users’ participation in the local community in as full a sense as possible and to advocate for their right to be included in the life of their community.
7) To be responsible for a number of key service users and to record their progress towards agreed goals.
8) To be responsible for ensuring that key service users’ personal records are maintained and kept up-to-date, including answering relevant correspondence.
9) To attend relevant reviews or case conferences and to contribute to discussion about service users.
10) To act as a link person between families, relevant professionals and Pembrokeshire Resource Centre Ltd (PRC) (Bangeston Autism Care Services) in respect of all key service users.
11) To support service users who have moved on from the Centre to live more independently in the local community.
12) To encourage and assist service users to look after their money.